Tuesday, June 2, 2015

B is for Bondage (Verbal)...and Bryony!

I'm jumping into the Spanking A-Z challenge a day late, but B is also for Bryony, so I feel it's fitting I make my first contribution today.  I know Bondage is an obvious choice for B, but stay with me here, because I'm going to be talking about verbal bondage, not the ropes and handcuffs type.  Mr. Grey and his zip ties (most uncomfortable bondage tool ever, dude) can go somewhere else.

While my work fits in the BDSM category because people take pleasure in the exchange of power and pain, I tend to be more interested in discipline and the emotional bond created between two people by acts of consensual punishment.  That's why, while bondage doesn't play a big part in my work--or any, so far--verbal bondage does.  Consider the following snippet from my forthcoming romance Late Blooming Lily, in which the lovely Lily faces stern punishment from her beloved Rob:

I made a hickory switch. 'f my boyhood recollection will serve, it stings like hell, but won't do too much damage.” He flipped on the light and led her to a corner where the switch stood upright beside a musty old bale of alfalfa. “You'll have to bend over for it—I can't hit properly with you over my knee. Do you need me to tie your hands?”

She considered that for a minute, then ventured, “Let me try without first? I...I want to take it like a good girl for you, show you how sorry I am.”

A little smile eased the sternness of his face, and he nodded. “Okay. Bend over now and get your skirt up.”

Lily bared her bottom and went into position quickly, bracing her hands on the hay. She closed her eyes, visualizing her fingers taking root there so they couldn't move, even if she tried. 

 Here Lily's desire to show her obedience further cements their bond during a tense moment in a way that no rope or chain could do.  Because she loves Rob, because she's genuinely sorry for her fault, she wants to make every effort to not only accept her punishment, but do it gracefully. But it's not just romantic, it creates tension too--will she be able to keep control?  Will she make things worse for herself by disobeying?  Verbal bondage is great because it requires real control from the dominant, the kind that's enforced not with a variety of kinky tools, but from inside the submissive's head.  The kind that makes a woman's knees go weak and her mouth go dry at a stern look.

That's the real thing, and it has nothing at all to do with zip ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment